Summer Fellows Program
Learn What Makes Organizations Thrive
The Center for Positive Organizations (CPO) Summer Fellows Program offers paid research and positive project opportunities for students interested in POS. Summer Fellows make tangible contributions and deepen their knowledge of the field and its application. The fellow program runs for eight weeks from June through July, with an expected commitment of 20 hours per week. Fellows will engage in weekly development and education sessions, Lunch and Learns, facilitated by CPO leaders. Up to 20 U of M students from multiple areas of study will be admitted to this competitive program.
Why you should apply:
- Gain hands on experience guided by world class professors and CPO staff
- Engage in Lunch & Learn sessions led by faculty
- Learn how to practice POS principles within organizations and in your personal life
- Develop positive leadership, team-building, and communication skills for your career and beyond
- Connect with other students from across the university, from undergraduates to MBAs to PhD candidates.
- Have a summer experience you’ll never forget!
Examples of 2013 Fellows projects:
- Reviewed leadership development literature and helped influence new initiatives around Positive Leadership in the BBA program
- Evaluated leading research to create a tool related to faculty member’s work on the role of legacy in organizations
- Initiated Student blog site on the CPO webpage.
- Collaborated with the CPO director to create a Corporate Partner Group to engage more corporations in the work of the Center.
Testimonials from 2013 Summer Fellows:
“The Lunch & Learns are by far the best part of the program. It is like having professors give you two hours of their best stuff, focusing on what they are most passionate about and what inspires students.”
“What I love about the Center is that as you learn, you also get to individually grow by trying out the practices in your own life.”
“The greatest part about the Center is the people. It is such an enthusiastic, caring, and diverse group of individuals who are united by their passion for this field and for the impact it can have on business.”
For any questions related to the summer fellow experience, please contact Betsy Erwin, Education Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org).