The Member Experience
Consortium programming throughout the year is designed to include engaging learning events, resources, and community-building opportunities. As a member, your learning journey includes:
Biannual In-Person Member Forums
In May and November, we host Consortium members for a full-day, immersive, action-based forum. Our theme-based forums include interactive workshops facilitated by world-class researchers and topic experts, member discussions, idea exchanges, resources, and opportunities for community building and networking. For an inside look at past forums, view our photo albums here.
Here’s a look at our most recent themes and itineraries:
- April 2021: Rising Together with Resilience
- November 2020: Humanizing Organizations
- May 2020: Psychological Safety and Thriving
- November 2019: Well-Being
- May 2019: The Art of Positive Communication
- November 2018: Managing and Sustaining Through Change
- May 2018: Research in Action
Throughout the year, we host a series of webinars to share effective strategies, practical insights, and practices that are actionable and scalable for effectively enhancing personal and organizational thriving. Our presenters include current Consortium members as well as world-class researchers.
Recent webinar topics include:
- Positive and Inclusive Organizations
- Finding Purpose
- Embracing Change
- Leading Without Authority
- Productivity and Happiness
- Putting People First During a Crisis
- Strength-Based Parenting
Relationship and Community Building Events
To learn and grow together and to foster long-term connections, we host many relationship and community building events on a monthly basis. Events evolve and new opportunities are identified through member input and suggestions for session design.
- Business Roundtable: a mini workshop where a member presents a specific business challenge, receives feedback, and determines potential actionable solutions.
- Conversation Circle: a topic-based learning space to share key science-based insights and exchange member ideas.
- Networking Hour: a casual and open leader gathering.
Action Groups and Support Networks
When we find a common passion and interest among our members around specific topics, such as managing through a crisis or creating positive on-boarding experiences, we launch an action group and support network. We facilitate group working sessions to further develop our shared knowledge of how to navigate these challenging situations.
In summer 2020, nearly 20 Consortium organizations participated in an action group to create our Positive Practices Playbook of strategies to reimagine thriving workplaces in the time of a global pandemic.
Private Member Check-ins and Consultations
We provide customized support and resources along the way for each of our members. We learn about your workplace culture and employee experience and share strategies, tools, and science-based resources for applying a positive lens to address your organizational challenges. We facilitate member pairing when we find that challenges are similarly experienced by multiple member organizations and provide the necessary mentoring support.
Collaborations with World-Class Researchers
At our heart, the Center for Positive Organizations is a research center. As such, we have deep relationships with 70+ researchers and connections with nearly 600 POS scholars from across the globe. We can help facilitate individual introductions for our members with specific researchers to explore potential collaborations.
Our education programs bring together the University of Michigan’s best and brightest undergraduate and graduate students to learn, identify, and employ POS principles and practices to build high-performing organizations that enable people to thrive. Consortium members can engage directly with our students to learn from and with them.
- Magnify Immersion Program Organizational Partner
- A Magnify student team can help unlock the positive potential in your organization. The team will observe your organization in action, conducting field research to uncover what is working well and where there is potential to thrive.
- Sample past organizational partners include: DTE Energy, Henry Ford Health System, Pet Supplies Plus, and others.
- +LAB Presenter
- Share your organization’s positive practices with our +LAB students.
- Sample past presenters include: American Innovations, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, and others.