Info Session for Faculty on Virtual Teaching of Job Crafting: How to Integrate the Job Crafting Exercise into Your Virtual Classroom
August 25, 2020
12:00-1:00 p.m. ET via Zoom
Info Session for Faculty on Virtual Teaching of Job Crafting: How to Integrate the Job Crafting Exercise™ into Your Virtual Classroom
Job crafting — or the ways we can customize our work to better suit our strengths, values, and passions — has become more important than ever. The global pandemic has disrupted the landscape of where and how people work and has prompted people to reconsider their sense of purpose and options for working in general. Powerful movements towards greater social justice have reinforced the need to create inclusive workspaces where people can personalize and feel embraced in their work environments.
As educators, we have the opportunity to integrate job crafting into our classrooms to help support and empower our students during this critical time. Additionally, the shift to virtual classrooms has prompted many of us to reconsider how we are constructing our course materials and optimizing online education methods for our students.
Since its creation at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business in 2008, the Job Crafting™ Exercise (JCE) has been used in hundreds of university programs worldwide, including at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels.
- Why job crafting is especially important in these times
- Fundamentals of the JCE itself
- A brief review of the JCE Teaching Note and ways to customize
- Various options for integrating the JCE into online learning environments
- An overview of how to use the online version of the JCE (launched in 2019) vs. the hard copy
- Time to field questions from faculty attendees
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org