Positive Organizational Scholarship
The Center for Positive Organizations is dedicated to building a better world through the science and practice of thriving organizations. Our research in the field of Positive Organizational Scholarship and its practical application are helping shape important conversations and developing today’s students into tomorrow’s change agents.
What is Positive Organizational Scholarship?
The study and perspective of Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) is committed to revealing and nurturing the highest level of human potential, and it strives to answer questions like:
- What makes employees feel like they’re thriving?
- How can I bring my organization through difficult times stronger than before?
- What creates the positive energy a team needs to be successful?
Positive Organizational Scholarship, a sub-field in the area of Management and Organizations Studies, has become a major focus for organizations and empowers leaders to create positive work environments, improving the culture of their workplace and helping them discover what is possible with their employees and within their organizations.
By bringing empathy, compassion, and energy into the workplace, leaders are able to enhance engagement and performance, and inspire their employees to innovate, find opportunity, and strive for excellence. Positive Organizational Scholarship principles create a generative business setting and act as a catalyst in the discovery of human potential.
Our entire website is dedicated to the field of Positive Organizational Scholarship, but here are few places to learn more about our research and its impact:
- Explore our 2020 Impact Report
- Incorporate our Thriving in Trying Times resources into your personal and professional life
- Read the book Positive Organizational Scholarship: Foundations of a New Discipline
- Review research articles from scholarly journals
- Watch videos from our Positive Links Speaker Series and more
- Learn about the application of POS in mainstream media stories
- Join our Positive Organizations Consortium
- Get involved with our Community of Scholars