Now accepting applications for Magnify 2024
Offered in the spring semester, Magnify is an immersion in the science and practice of thriving at work, offering students a chance to learn about research on one day and apply it the next. Magnify offers a robust classroom learning experience coupled with the opportunity to experience thriving at work as it comes to life outside of the classroom in business and work settings.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2024 – Round 1, Early Decision Deadline
- Tuesday, February 13, 2024 – Round 2, Regular Admission Deadline
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024 – Round 3, Spring Admission Deadline
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Magnify Immersion Program?
A six-credit spring semester academic course (MO355) that brings Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) to U-M’s best and brightest students in order to learn, identify, and employ the principles and practices that empowers people to:
- Create positive work environments
- Improve their workplace culture
- Discover untapped possibilities
What is Positive Organizational Scholarship?
Our field of study, otherwise known as the science of thriving, was founded at the University of Michigan and is a subfield of Management and Organizations. The field is committed to revealing and nurturing the highest level of human potential. Organizations are using the science of thriving to empower people to create positive work environments, improve workplace culture, and discover what is truly possible with their employees.
Listen to what former students have to say about Magnify
Please note that Magnify 2023 is an in-person classroom learning experience and that the below video testimonials are from our Magnify 2020 cohort which was fully virtual due to the pandemic.
The class and students
The Magnify program welcomes 40-50 U-M undergrads with an interest in what makes organizations and the people in them thrive. The course is composed of three components:
- Class work
- Integrated reflection
To explore the classwork, please review the Magnify course syllabus.
Top five reasons you should apply:
- Immersive learning like never before: Our alums say that the Magnify learning experience – with our vibrant classroom and field trips to inspirational positive organizations – was unlike any other class they’ve had at U-M! Our curriculum stands out too as students learn and apply the latest POS research, principles, and practices with devoted and passionate instructors and coaches.
- Bringing research to real organizations: Students will engage in rich learning with Magnify’s organizational partners. They will use evidence-based tools and field research methods to interpret the organization’s positive capabilities. And will present their findings and recommendations to the leadership of our organizational partners.
- A resume-worthy experience: Students gain a set of skills to articulate and apply POS research, and leave with concrete examples of unlocking organizational potential. Students discover their own positive identity and explore potential trajectories for career growth as change agents.
- Earn 6 credits in 7 weeks: Students enrolled in MO355 will meet Tuesday-Thursday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm and have the opportunity to participate in optional activities on occasional Mondays and Fridays during spring semester.
- Join a community of change agents: Every year we see friendships grow inside and outside of the classroom. The program design emphasizes an interpersonal environment where people feel welcomed, valued, safe to learn, and engaged in active growth. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse community of students who will learn how to recognize and apply their own strengths and the strengths of others.
Flip through our view book to read stories from past Magnify students, organizational partners, alumni, and more.
We support students’ well-being; please visit the Well-being Collective to learn more.