2019 Award for Outstanding Published Article in Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS)
The Award for Outstanding Published Article in Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) was established in 2008 to recognize outstanding scholarship in POS and to encourage research in this growing field. The award is given biennially in conjunction with the Center for Positive Organization’s POS Research Conference, where the recipient(s) are invited to present their award-winning research.
The 2019 POS Research Conference will be held June 5-6 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI. Click here for more details about the Conference.
Call for Nominations
- Nominations open: September 1, 2018
- Nominations close: January 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Nominations are invited for research articles either:
- Published between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018
- Accepted for publication without contingencies, with a letter from editor dated between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018
- The main subject of the article must address key issues or themes in POS, but it may be based on any discipline, such as psychology, sociology, organization studies, or others.
- The article must be empirical in orientation, rather than solely theoretical or a review of the literature. Any research method is acceptable.
- You may self-nominate your own article or nominate an article written by others.
- The winning author(s) are expected to present their research at the 2019 POS Research Conference held in Ann Arbor, MI from June 5-6, 2019.
- The Award includes a travel/accommodation reimbursement of up to $1,000 per author for the first three co-authors.
- Conference registration fees will be waived for the first three co-authors.
To participate in the 2019 award, click here to complete a simple nomination form and upload a PDF of the article (written in English) on or before January 11, 2019 (11:59 p.m. EST).
Nominated articles will be evaluated by faculty members of the Center for Positive Organizations; their decision will be final. The award criteria include originality, contribution to the field of Positive Organizational Scholarship, quality of empirical data and analysis, and potential to inspire additional POS research. The committee may arrive at the conclusion that none of the submitted articles merits the award. The 2019 Award Committee Chair is Wayne Baker.